Re: Law Suit in NJ

I'm not sure but there is an appelate action involving a NJ town's (Fremont)
unlawful actions concerning a verified response law.  Apparently the town
council violated state or federal law by reaching a consensus on an
ordinance behind the scenes, *before* the official public hearing on the
ordinance.  If proven, and the facts presented so far are persuasive, this
is a violation of the Brown Act.

Given the NBFAA's concern with such ordinances, it may be that this is the
lawsuit they're persuing.  It could just as easily be something else
entirely.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass