Re: another newbie, what to do with this Brinks alarm system?

J. wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 09:22:27 -0500, "Bob Worthy"
> <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> >"J. @netscape.net>" <jsloud2001<removeme> wrote in message
> >> On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 20:41:35 -0800, "alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx>
> >> wrote:
> >You're right about one
> >> thing, ADT has been making money for a
> >> long time.
> >
> >Ahhh...only if they would pay their taxes.
> >
> > Personally,  I'm in business to make enough money to buy
> >> the things I need to support my family and hopefully  ADT/ Tyco does well
> >and my stock earns a decent
> >> return.
> >
> >Despite the whole financial world telling them to dump it, it is broken and
> >can't be fixed? Hope you don't have all your eggs in one basket or at 70
> >you'll be a greeter at WalMart.
>
> Bullshit.  Almost everyone rates Tyco a hold right now.  See below.
> Quick stock tip, the Tyco breakup will probably make money for a lot
> of people in 2007.  Not rocket science to figure out how.
>
> Analyst Opinion
> Get Analyst Opinion for:  TYCO
>
> RECOMMENDATION SUMMARY*
> Mean Recommendation (this week): 2.5
> Mean Recommendation (last week): 2.4
> Change: 0.1
> Industry Mean:
> Sector Mean:
> S&P 500 Mean: 2.48
>
> * (Strong Buy) 1.0 - 5.0 (Strong Sell)
>

> >> I know a lot of people in this industry working for a whole lot of
> >> different companies.  You can bash ADT all you want, but the vast
> >> majority of local and regional companies do business just like ADT.
> >
> >No they don't. The vast majority can't do business like ADT or they would be
> >gone tomarrrow.
> >
> >> They use the same type of equipment.
> >
> >ADT uses the same equipment as the vast majority, not the other way around.
> >ADT had to change in order to support their marketing program.
> >

> What are you talking about?  ADT has had a contract with Ademco for 10
> years.  They've been using a version of the Vista 20 for at least 7 or
> 8 years for residential installations.  ADT uses EST, Bosch, DMP,
> Ademco, Notifier, Fire-Lite, etc. on the commercial side and has for
> years.  It's the same equipment as the rest of the industry.  It's
> better equipment than most dealers can get there hands on, ie. EST3,
> DMP, Bosch, etc.
>
> >> The monitoring procedures are
> >> the same.
> >
> >Which is a CSAA and ANSI standard.
>
> ADT pioneered many of the procedures and equipment used throughout the
> industry, but that's irrelevant.  ADT also meets UL and DoD
> requirements for monitoring SCIFs, but that's irrelevant too.  Point
> is, ADT's monitoring services meet or exceed all industry regulations.
>

> >> The pricing is very similar.
> >
> >Only amoungst the other nationals that are doing similar marketing.
>
> ADT's residential pricing is in line with the majority of local
> companies.  The US corporate pricing for an outright sale system is
> [...]

I just heard that Tyco stock went up becuse of the breakup .....
contrary to going down when management had it's problems.

Also, in my experience in quoting against ADT residential, if they're
not proposinga lick and stick job, they're always much higher than most
everyone else that quotes on the job. That might be an area thing. NY
tri-state area.