Re: another newbie, what to do with this Brinks alarm system?

"J. @netscape.net>" <jsloud2001<removeme> wrote in message
> On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 20:41:35 -0800, "alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
You're right about one
> thing, ADT has been making money for a
> long time.

Ahhh...only if they would pay their taxes.

 Personally,  I'm in business to make enough money to buy
> the things I need to support my family and hopefully  ADT/ Tyco does well
and my stock earns a decent
> return.

Despite the whole financial world telling them to dump it, it is broken and
can't be fixed? Hope you don't have all your eggs in one basket or at 70
you'll be a greeter at WalMart.

> I know a lot of people in this industry working for a whole lot of
> different companies.  You can bash ADT all you want, but the vast
> majority of local and regional companies do business just like ADT.

No they don't. The vast majority can't do business like ADT or they would be
gone tomarrrow.

> They use the same type of equipment.

ADT uses the same equipment as the vast majority, not the other way around.
ADT had to change in order to support their marketing program.

> The monitoring procedures are
> the same.

Which is a CSAA and ANSI standard.

> The pricing is very similar.

Only amoungst the other nationals that are doing similar marketing.

>Contract language is the
> same.

Law is law and protective language can be only stated in so many ways.

> The systems perform the same way.

Not necessarily. That is more dependent on the quality of installation and
set up than the intended, out of box,  manufacturers specs.

  What make's you so
> different?

Dedication to customer service.