Re: Any tips for a consumer about to purchase a system & contract?

tourman wrote:
> Hmmm....is "everywhere man" really foul mouthed Jim in disquise. I'll
> assume NOT, and respond properly assuming you are indeed someone else,
> who doesn't honestly happen to agree with me, because I wouldn't want
> to insult anyone other than him. <

No "Everywhere Man" is not Jim. This is Tom. The other foul mouthed
poster who doesn't buy into your business crippling philosophy.

> First off, customers in my experience don't up and give you their
> business one month and leave you the next to save a dollar or two. <

WHAT? People switch providers for pennies let alone dollars.

> You can
> call it "stirring the pot"'; <

I call it like I see it and like I have seen it for 8 years now.

> however, you might be very surprised how
> many companies there are that don't lock into long term contracts (a
> couple of the regulars on this newsgroup don't either, but choose not
> to say so publicly, and I certainly won't say who). They take the same
> view I do that the customer's ongoing freedom of choice is more
> important to their continued loyalty than some arbitrary term
> committment. My (and I assume their) customers stay because they want
> to, not because they have to. <

That's easy to do when the company is a one man show working out of the
house. Try doing that with some real overhead. You cannot pay a tech to
program a system if your only guarantee is $20

> Meanwhile, I'll continue to pick up the clients who have had their
> belly full of the Borg and their ilk, and would rather get a quality
> monitoring service and warranty package without signing their life
> away. Different strokes for different folks !! <

If it works for you fine but you're misleading people into thinking
there are numerous companies who operate like you do.

> NOW...if "everywhere man" is actually our very own foulmouthed Jim, but
> in disguise, I only have one thing to say to you. Fuck off somewhere
> asshole and die ! Or better yet, go flog shit for ADT. You deserve each
> other !! <

Oh how nice. Another one wishing death on a poster. Tell me Bob, why
should Jim die? Would the reason you want him dead have to do with a
debate about alarms and business practices? Yeah that's a real good
reason to wish death on someone. I don't agree with you either so
should I die too?
If all of you twisted rump monkeys had your wishes granted over who
should die this forum would be empty. Then again it would be close to
empty if everyone who said they were leaving for good really left, but
we all know that's an attention seeking ploy.