Re: another newbie, what to do with this Brinks alarm system?

I just took one over  last weekend, not ADT but another biggie. The
homeowner had a false alarm on one of his two motions, their CS could tell
him which one (go figure on a 5 zone system...why you couldn't tell which
pir it was...dunno). Anyway they suggested he have service go out and take a
look at it. That was October 2...no one ever called him so he called them
back a week later...after a few apologies they then recommend he CALL ME.
Huh? Ok, well I used to run service for them 10 years ago, under contract
with them but not anymore. So I went out and took it over, and he calls them
to make sure his cancellation went through and they wouldn't continue to
bill him. They acted surprised he was cancelling...this was Oct 22 when we
took it over...guess when he finally received a call from
"service"?...yep...the day after he canceled Oct 23....21 days late.

The client is thrilled with us and wants to expand his system from 3 doors
and 2 pirs...to all openings, more smokes and a couple of gbs...something he
didn't want to do with the other company because he didn't have much faith
in them.

Oh, yeah...the false alarm on the pir was that his wife left a burning
candle on the dining room table.

Clients like to talk to the "owner"...or at least a familiar voice when they
call. My clients are surprised that I remember them when they call...I say
how could I forget you?...you put food on my table!

I also prefer to do biz with small companies...try trading ADT for a house
paint job or a new transmission :-)