Re: Ademco 50P - Unable To Disarm

Thank you, Nomen, and everyone.  My system appears to be working
normally again.

Basically, I followed Nomen's location 28 reset.  The system then came
up okay and I have done nothing more.

I am wondering whether, however, anyone feels it is a bad idea to just
let it go?  For the sake of completion and clarity:

- I installed the system, there is no service company.  I am just a
home owner, the only resident.

- There is only one code in the system, the Installer code. For this
reason, I was loose in my earlier terminology use. This Installer code
is used to program, set, and clear the system.  Discussion here in re
the next code level down, Master, makes me wonder whether there is some
pressing reason to create this "secondary" level even though l am the
sole occupant?

-For two reasons,  though installed, no sirens or strobes have yet been
connected.  1) the sound emitted by the keypads alone has seemed quite
sufficient to wake up the dead.  2) Due to some doubts, and earlier
problems, concerning power drain, I hesitate to add in these devices.

[home run topology, every sensor a zone: 7 entry contacts, 23 window
contacts plus 19 4-wire glass breaks, 13 4-wire smokes, 2 4-wire CO, 3
2-wire heat, 7 6150 keypads, 4 internal sirens, 1 external, 1 strobe.]

I have the extender with its own AC adapter, 8 expansion panels, and
three batteries connected to the 50p.

My device load calculating is shaky.  Unfortunately, two different
professional installers also seemed unable to do the actual calculation
themselves.  A third outfit that supplies a lot of equipment throughout
New York as well as dispensing expertise, seemed to think I am well
within my power resources.  Nevertheless, I have had to disconnect
several glass breaks because they were clicking continuously though not
faulting.  The two pros actually have been to the site.  And as a
non-pro, my descriptions to the the third might well have been
inadequate and/or misleading.

- Since the location 28 reset appears to have solved the problem, I
have not run the diagnostic on the working keypads suggested here.

I think that covers everything.  Again, thanks to one and all for your
suggestions.

Be well.

Don Davis