Re: Ademco 50P - Unable To Disarm

Don said:

>Basically, I followed Nomen's location 28 reset.  The system then came
>up okay and I have done nothing more.
>
>I am wondering whether, however, anyone feels it is a bad idea to just
>let it go?  For the sake of completion and clarity:
>
>- I installed the system, there is no service company.  I am just a
>home owner, the only resident.
>
>- There is only one code in the system, the Installer code. For this
>reason, I was loose in my earlier terminology use. This Installer code
>is used to program, set, and clear the system.  Discussion here in re
>the next code level down, Master, makes me wonder whether there is some
>pressing reason to create this "secondary" level even though l am the
>sole occupant?

Let's review the situation.

You had a problem that was caused by your failure to program in a master
code.  Meaning, if you had been using a master code instead of the
installer code, you wouldn't even be here.

This professional diagnosed your problem and told you how to fix it,
including programming a master code.  Another professional also told you
not to use the installer code to arm and disarm the system.

And here you are, still asking whether you need to program in a master
code.

If you don't want to listen to professional advice,  I'm not inclined to
discuss your problems with you any further.  RTFM.

- badenov