Re: Relocate Telco NID-newbie

> ... One thing to remember is that if you move it
> inside, telco repair will be unable to test the line
> completely unless you are at home to meet them;
> this is why they like to put it outdoors.  If you
> forget this detail and they send out a service tech,
> you're likely to get a bill.

That is not correct.  If they can't access it they'll leave a note (or not)
saying that they tried but came but you weren't home.  Don't forget that the
vast majority of older homes still have the NID inside.  When the telco
repair guy shows up if he can't get in they don't bill those folks either.
In my area if the phone is working at all they call before they come anyway.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics