Re: Relocate Telco NID-newbie

jgrimms said:

>I agree with you that the rate in and of itself is not bad.  However,
>moving the NID indoors to my homerun requires crawling 60ft. one way
>under my house and I doubt I can convince any Phone Tech./Co. that this
> is a good idea, not to mention the moving the NID inside at all.  Also, as
>we are all looking for extra security in this forum, would they be willing to
>run it in metal conduit the way I want?  I doubt it.

I think you may have misunderstood something.  You do not need to move the
NID next to your alarm panel.  If you want to move it indoors, you can put
it at any convenient location and run a two-pair cable from it to your
alarm panel.

Strictly speaking, you are not supposed to touch the NID or the incoming
cable, but you know that already.  It violates tariffs, and your telco may
not like it.  One thing to remember is that if you move it inside, telco
repair will be unable to test the line completely unless you are at home to
meet them; this is why they like to put it outdoors.  If you forget this
detail and they send out a service tech, you're likely to get a bill.

- badenov