Re: Wire prices

"Robert L Bass" <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:7ZednRDZoOjdbhfYnZ2dnUVZ_vmqnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> Olson is right,even if you use plastic box,
> >> you need to put a ground in the grounding lug...
> >
> > I will be glad to once the AHJ says I have to, and does me the favor of
pointing out exactly where this ground lug is. I have not
> > come across one on a plastic back box.
>
> They're in Olson's mind.  Petem hasn't any experience or knowledge so
Olson is able to snow him deeper than Denver's airport.

> All kidding aside, there are some NMC boxes available with a ground lug.
It's there for convenience in connecting stuff.  If the
> item needs grounding and the lug is there, use it.  Otherwise, use a wire
nut.

So you too are now suggesting grounding a plastic box after years of ragging
Frank....

> In Olson's original gaff on this subject he thought that the lug must
always be used.  That is of course absurd.

Funny you never mentioned that until now