Re: Pet Peeve of the Week

Bass said:

>I once watched some character park one of those jacked up pickup trucks with
>the huge tires and the suspension taller than an inverted 737 in a handicap
>spot at the local Publix market.  The guy hopped out and strolled inside the
>store with no apparent difficulty.  His tag was a handicap plate and there
>was one of those signs hanging from the rear view mirror.  One wonders what
>moron doctor signed his application. :(

People abuse the hell out of the handicap parking privilege.  Family
members use the handicapped person's vehicle and think the license plate
entitles them to park in handicapped spots, too.  And those temporary
permits that hang from the mirror, well, some valet parking guys have
several of those on hand to use when they're short on parking places.

On the other hand, some disabilities are not obvious, such as heart
disease.  A person can be legitimately handicapped without needing a
wheelchair.

- badenov