Re: EMERGENCY HELP

Bob Worthy wrote:
> "Matt Ion" <soundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>>What is water marking and how do I do that.
>>
>>Any proper DVR software should do it.  The date and time need to be
>>embedded in the video somehow.  Most will do it visibly.
>

> In today's world, a person could digitally alter a picture by putting a
> monkey's head on a horse and swear they video recorded this freak of nature.
> The old VCR tapes could be edited by erasing video, cutting and splicing,
> etc. None of this stuff would hold up. The manufacturers have a watermark on
> the recording, much like a watermark on good stationary. Mostly invisible
> but yet there. When someone tampers with the video image, they disrupt the
> watermark meaning it has been tampered with and not admissible to the
> courts. Software needs to be proprietary as well. Alot of these so called
> DVRs that are merely cheap computers with video capture cards and running
> off of Windows will not do it. Bill Gates never meant for Windows to be a
> security program. These type of machines will record for you but they are
> not meant for the real security world.

True.  FYI, the VideoInsight system does support watermarking.  From the
manual:

Enable Watermark: To ensure that video files have not been tampered, you
can enable a Watermark to be applied to the video. Once enabled, a
unique checksum is hidden on the file and upon reprocessing, will not
match the original number if the file has been altered. Please note that
this requires additional processing time at the end of each file and may
not be necessary for every user.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0621-1, 05/22/2006
Tested on: 5/22/2006 6:43:30 PM