Re: Ultrasonic Sensors

>> They call it Blue Stake out here and the
>> service is free...they mark everything in
>> purty colors...gas/electric/telcom/etc.
>
> Exactly.  Also, as long as you call first and don't dig between their
> marked boundaries you have zero liability if you hit something.
>
> As to SB's comments, there's no high tension cable within the typical 18"
> depth he would use for low voltage signal cables.  Stanley Barfbuckle's
> nonsense story of rocks flying out of ditches and drivers leaping off
> tractors is not only pur fiction.  It's irrelevant.  We're talking about
> little walk-behind units and he's talking about a tractor you'd drive on.
> Next thing you know FO will brag of jumping off an inverted 3500 because
> it levitated into an open-front, high voltage cabinet.

Are you willing to put the statement "there's no high tension cable within
the typical 18" depth he would use for low voltage signal cables." in
writing, signed and notarized? If so, send it to the guy who sounds like he
doesn't know a/c from dc and tell him to trench away...

PS- There are no "high-tension" wires UG. You moron. Those are the 18,000 V
wires you see from large metal towers hanging from 4' insulators. You moron.
Can't bury those UG. You moron.

Not only is my story 100% verifiable, since there were at least 8 people
present, but there are many instances of electrical "explosions" throwing
rocks, dirt, and other debris when a 3-phase is suddenly sent to ground.
You're trying to argue with facts, Robert.

No, the tractor didn't come off the ground, or even move. The energy sent
rocks out of the trench, along with pieces of what used to be the dig chain.

What you seem to be failing to undertsand is that the little walk-behind
trenchers are much more dangerous to an operator than the riders. Why?
Because your dumb penny-pinching ass is grounded when walking behind one,
regardless of whether you are wearing rubber-soled shoes or not. With a
rider, you at least have the option of jumping clear of the energized
machine. When you are HOLDING ON to the damned thing standing on the ground,
your ass is DONE if you hit a 600 VAC feeder line, and probably even hitting
one or both hot legs of the 220V house drop. Period. End of story. Ever hear
of DEW, you know-it-all fat slob Felon JO MF?

Yet another example of Robert telling someone who KNOWS what they are
talking about that he knows more, even though he has ZERO experience in the
area. Google doesn't make you an expert, Roberta.

A common rental walk-behind unit will trench 3' deep- I know, since I just
rented one last Fall to replace a water service line at one of my rental
properties, which I trenched 36" deep. Yeah, tell him it's a no-brainer so
you can sell him a few items and make a few bucks. I don't have any problem
with selling him equipment and giving him guidance, but telling him not to
worry or consider hiring out the hard stuff is irresponsible. He needs to
know the risks. This is NOT like running a siren in an attic.