Re: Suggestions for (Low) Temperature and Water alarms

"Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> DMP doesn't need a special model of temp sensor, the Winland is fine (the
> one RLB posted) -  you will need to program & wire it in it in the panel
> correctly. I usually program them as Aux response zones in DMP
> panels...you'll eat up 2 zones one for hi temp one for low.
>
> You'll need 5 conductors... +/- power, and three conductors for the loops if
> using both the high and low temp...one high, one low, one common.

Since most of my wire is 4-conductor and I can't think of any reason for a
high temp sensor (I already have 14 wired smokes in the house and 1
heat detector in the garage) shouldn't I just consider having one zone
using +/- and the two wires for the cold sensor?

Also, any recommendations on a good water/flood sensor for the
basement?

Thanks