Re: Power Supply

Bob Worthy wrote:

> Which committee? Do you deal with Jeff Collins, Tony Afelbek and Mike Cato?

No.  I'm on the chapter 5 committee (initiating devices).  They may be
on the chapter 8 committee (supervising station systems).

> > AHJ's like central station service because it places
> > the onus and the cost to maintain a fire protection system squarely on
> > the property owner.
>
> Well, I wish everyone would agree on that or at least interpet it the same
> as you do. Down here in south Florida, the AHJ's in 5 counties and 9 cities
> are putting the onus directly on the alarm contractor. Starting at even
> pulling the permit.

When I worked for a living, this was the case as well.  I paid for the
permits and passed the cost along to the property owner.   Similarly,
costs associated with central station service were passed along to the
the end-user.

> > Throughout these codes and standards you'll find the
> > qualifying words "where required ..."
>
> Where is this please? Since the hurricane tore off the roof at my office and
> I lost lots of reference material, I only have the next to last version of
> 72, which I had at home. I will get the new one when it comes out. Is that
> 2007 or is it 2006.

NFPA 72-2002 4.5.2.4* Verification of Compliant Installation. Where
required, compliance of the completed installation with the
requirements of this standard, as implemented via the referring
code(s), specifications, and/or other criteria applicable to the
specific installation, shall be certified by a qualified and impartial
third-party organization acceptable to the authority having
jurisdiction.

> Don't go away on this one, it is important.

I'm traveling this week, but I've got access to the internet!