NFPA 72 test

I operate a small family run alarm service company. We install and
service burglar alarms and related equipment, but up till now have only
"serviced" existing fire alarm equipment. We have worked on many
different types and are familiar with most electrical configuratuions.
We also service and are known by many area police and fire departments
and our company is well respected. Recently a good commercial customer
asked us to install door holders on existing fire alarm systems in 10
of his apartment buildings in a town we have never worked in. We showed
up for work with equipment in hand, called the fire department to place
the first system on test and were promptly informed that we would need
be "certified" to work in that town. This has never been required
before. To become certified you need to pass a 50 question multiple
choice test with a minimum 70% grade based on anything and apparently
everything contained in NFPA 72. If you fail the test they require that
you wait ten days before you're allowed to retake it.
It was very embarrassing to have to call my customer and tell him that
I would be reqiuired to take this test before being able to do this
job, however it will be much more embarrassing not to mention,
financially lethal if I were to fail it a number of times and have to
keep stalling him along and then subsequently lose this job and
possibly the account as well.
I have ordered a copy of NFPA72 and it should be here tomorrow, however
it is 235 pages and this seems like a monumental task to learn
everything in this book in just perhaps a week. Now I'm certain that I
can deal with circuits etc. but in service you don't get involved with
heights, placement, applications etc. You do repairs and replacement.
Basically you restore what is already there. I have been doing this for
years and I feel that when it comes to troubleshooting and repairing
things, I'm a good technician, but as far as knowing all the other
rules and remembering them all, I don't know.
Years ago I passed an FCC First Class Radio Telephone license test. I
did take a class but there were study guides available  along with
practice exams. The guides and especially the sample test questions
were extremely helpful. I have inquired and there are no upcoming
classes planned for our area and I have not been able to locate any
kind of study guides of the type mentioned above either. Now I want to
stress that I'm not looking for a free ride here. If I pass this test
it will be on my own merits but this is a big account and it and quite
possibly our financial future could be placed in jeopardy if I cannot
get through this test and in a timely manner.
In leiu of reading through the entire book and trying to remember
everything I've read, would anyone have or know of any type of study
guides that would help me and perhaps know where I might obtain a copy
of a sample test so that I would at least know primarily what they
would most likely be looking for? My success on this test will mean a
lot to our family so I appreciate any advice and assistance offered.
Lenny.