Re: Great deal, great product.

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 04:38:07 GMT, "FIRETEK"
<firetech(change-the-ch-to-k)@telus.net> wrote:

> I'm very much interested in what you have to say.  Let me clarify about the
> "I'm not interested" comment further, since I clearly have not been
> successful so far...

Sorry to hear of your failure.  Perhaps if you spent more effort
attending to your own business and less trying to others what to
do you'd do better.

>  I'm not interested in joining sides...

That's nice.  Your concern is only for the betterment of the
newsgroup, right?  I can tell by the even-handed way you chide
the idiots for posting nothing but flames.  Oh, wait.  Somehow I
must have missed all of those posts.  Were you using yet another
sock puppet to post those messages?

> Making comments regarding how I'm a "sock puppet"
> probably helps you to justify your behaviour...

"Behaviour," eh?  Like I said before, you're an Olson sock
puppet.

> ...what you do in this Group is your business....

Oh, so you do the ability to learn.  That's good news.

> All the same, I would like to see you provide proof...

Proof that you're a sock puppet or that you're an idiot?

> ...an apology would be in order.

OK, fine.  I'm waiting.

> Posting information about DIY is certainly not an ethics
> violation.  Spamming the Group with links to your online
> store is clearly against the FAQ...

First of all, posting links to my website is not spam.  Second,
the "FAQ" you keep referring to is nothing but a text which one
long-departed posted wrote and which no one has ever obeyed,
especially you.

> However, you are an individual in your own right and
> no one disputes the fact that this is a free and open
> forum...

Actually, it's an ALT newsgroup.  It's open but it's not really
free.

> I do note that most of the participants here are clearly
> in the alarm business and I don't see anyone but
> yourself flogging their wares here...

Perhaps if you spent some time reading anything other than my
posts you'd notice that numerous people post links to their
websites.  That's fine with me whether you like it or not.  I'm
just as much a part of the alarm business as anyone here.  In
fact, I probably sell more alarm systems than the rest of the
regular posters combined (with the exception of those who work
for ADT, that is).

> As far as I know you probably wouldn't be prevented from
> purchasing a booth at ISC either and you'd be hawking
> to the "wrong crowd" there too.

Your argument is a red herring.  This newsgroup is read by
hundreds of DIYers and thousands of disenchanted clients of alarm
installing companies.  My posts are primarily addressed at those
folks as well as at newby installers.

> I will refrain from further discourse with you...

Bye.  It's been nice.

> I did enjoy the photographs posted on your website
> (the link to which was provided by "I'm Pink") by the
> way.  The opulence of the decoration in the Churches
> is a testament to the people's faith.  Some may view
> this differently, but that's life too.  :)

Sadly, the opulence in the most beautiful church, Igregia do Sao
Francisco, was the product of slavery.  The area called
Pelourinho where that church is located was the old slave market.

Nearby there are numerous ancient buildings with shops and
apartments above, but actual dungeons below where the slaves were
kept.  I was standing on a stone marker one time, slowly reading
the ancient Portuguese text when I realized what it says -- the
stone covers a common grave containing the remains of hundreds of
people whose only crime was to be born African.

The photos of Sao Francisco on my website are the last collection
of private (ie, non-government sponsored) pictures taken inside
the famous church.  Photography is strictly prohibited now.  I
had to get special permission from a government agent plus the
priest to take those pictures.  The final installment were all
taken using only available light because the authorities are
concerned that flash photography may cause damage to the paint
(wherever it's not solid gold).

I have thousands more pictures of the city of Salvador, the Bahia
do Todos os Santos (Bay of All Saints) and the tropical island
paradise that surrounds this area.  Psst!  Don't tell Jiminex,
but a few days ago I found what he's been looking for all these
years.  My camera is in the shop so no pictures of that
particular err, sculpture.  Besides, if I took the shot my wife
would have drowned me on the spot.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.