Re: Great deal, great product.

Please excuse the long post, Mr. Bass.  I'm only a newly fledged member of
the IB and don't wish to be misunderstood again.

I actually thought Groups were created by several individuals with a shared
interest and a common goal.  In this particular ALT group the individual
that spearheaded it's formation was (I thought) representative of a number
of individuals that were interested in discussions relating to the security
alarm INDUSTRY.  I know this is what drew me to posting to this particular
ALT Group instead of something like alt.security.diy (or similar).  Would
you set up a retail booth at an industry related convention (like ISC for
instance), or do you think your money would be better spent at a venue
showcasing new homes, home automation, or the do-it-yourselfer/handyman?

The FAQ makes it perfectly clear that questions from the general public can
be responded to within certain specific guidelines.  These appear to be both
reasonable and quite workable.  From your response, I doubt very much that
if the FAQ was actually put to a vote and adopted, that you would see fit to
participate anyway (this is an observation, and not a flame).

I noticed that a number of individuals took exception to the subject line of
this thread and, instead of offering a clear and concise response that would
have actually answered the question, elected to pursue an alternate course
that certainly isn't a very good reflection on them.  I can understand the
reason why, but this still doesn't excuse what happened, no more so than
your own actions in this Group (I make reference to your PR Posts, and
something you said about "my business being closed").

You can elect to "participate" in what you've frequently termed "this
cesspool" and sling shit around all day, or you can take the "high road" as
Mr. Olson has been advocating in the last several days.  That choice has
always been yours.

Perhaps it's time to re-examine what it is you want to accomplish here.  I
don't see the public expressing a great deal of support for either your
current efforts or those of your detractors.  In fact, I don't see very many
members of the public posting here at all (and certainly not in any numbers
that would support an online dealer like yourself).  I'm sure that many
"lurk" as I did for several months, but the behaviour that's been on
frequent display (as I've said earlier) offers a rather poor recommendation
for both you and some of the people here.  You may be able to excuse some of
that as nothing more than what would pass as normal conversation in any
informal gathering of like-minded and similarly employed individuals, but I
believe it behooves us to be polite in our responses to those obviously not
in the business and genuinely seeking help.

I happen to purchase items online on a regular basis and I would venture to
say that I consider an online merchant should be above the pettiness and
self-serving interest you have frequently displayed here (in this most
public of forums).  Neither Mr. Rojas or Mr. La Londe (the two most visible
participants who operate online businesses) promote their efforts in quite
the same fashion you seem to.  Why is that, do you think?

You are without question a very knowledgeable individual.  I wish you well
on whatever road you decide to take.  I realize that you might consider some
of what I've posted here as contradicting what I wrote earlier.  I stand by
what I said.  I'm not interested in "belonging" to one side or another and I
certainly will never resort to making demeaning and inflammatory remarks (to
you or anyone else here).  That's what I meant when I wrote "I just don't
care".  I do believe it worthwhile to support this Group's FAQ (such as it
is) however.

Regards,

Frank