Re: NFPA 72 test

"Mike Sokoly" <secure15@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4EeWf.77$FA6.17@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Come now Bob!
> I don't THINK Robert fails to inform his customer's about the liabilties
> they "might" inccur.

You mean if the place burns down the insurance company might not cover it? I
always wondered about his lack of info on required stamped certified plans,
permits, inspections (both electrical and fire), systems requiring central
station service, compatability issues, data sheets, proper wire gauges, NAC
power supplies, battery calcs. etc. Maybe that costs extra. And then again,
that would be designing a system and would require him to have a license. At
that I guess it would be considered a half-bASSED sale.

> I can buy a $3000.00 ODB II scanner from PepBoys-
> Doesn't mean I know a damn about how to interpret it, let alone hook it
> up without frying the car electronics!

That is why the manufacturers have stopped warranting his resale equipment
to DIYers. They were receiving to much back as "bad out of box" and then
found out it was being sold to DIYers. They stopped his free shipping and
now he has to warranty the equipment he sells himself.