Re: difference in quality of equipment: ADT, Brinks, Slomins, etc?

Slomins is an oil company that:

1- uses refurbished Napco equipment

2- requires you to name them as additional insured on your homeowner's
policy

3- uses 2 wire, non-UL listed smokes (very funny statement in their
contract where you understand the Slomins Fire System is NOT a fire
system, nor is it compliant with FM, NFPA, etc) I'll post the exact
quote from their contract tomorrow when I get to my office.

4- places a lien on your property.

5- charges you 60% of the entire contract should you wish to terminate
the agreement.  Included in that is the $1195.00 they value their basic
system at. It's only a free install if you fulfill the 5 years.

6- charges an additional $139.00 per year for a warranty

7- offers a local relocation option should you move

Stay clear of them.