Re: Video Survilance Suggestions?

In comp.home.automation Don <kyham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Well you might check out my site.   I am in a similar condition.  Out in the
>country, 6 miles from town,  at the end of a dead-end street.

>I have 12 video cameras scattered all around the outside of the house that
>have these features:

>All COLOR cameras.    They are just my preference.  You can also use B&W
>with infrared lights for dark areas or at night.

>Incased in home made weather proof enclosures.

>Connected to the home automation system.

>3 of the cameras do a 180 degree sweep of the area around it.

>Coverage is from about 6' to 500' depending on the camera location and area
>around it.

>24/7 VCR recording on a time lapse recorder that will hold a 30 DAY history
>on one 8 hour tape.

>Able to take a still snapshot with motion detection and email the image to a
>offsite location.

>Time stamped image with date and time including seconds.

>Motion detection also takes a video (AVI) for the camera area detecting
>motion.  From 30 to 120 seconds depending upon the camera.  Each one has
>it's own settings.

>Both the still and movie can be taken manually by visiting the website.

>Any camera can be viewed in REAL TIME over the internet from the website.

>The cameras that now do an automatic sweep will soon be updated so that you
>will be able to control the view remotely over the website.

>I use commercial CCTV cameras that have been removed from installations that
>upgrade their installations.  This lets me buy high quality resolution
>cameras with lens for under $100 each.

>If you would like to see them in operation, just visit  www.k9soa.net  and
>use the word   cha    in lower case as the  ID & PASSWORD.   The ititial
>page will tell you to use   visitor    but for those coming from this
>newsgroup, I have set up a special  ID & PW  so I can make some features
>available that are not normally possible using the  standard for everyone
>else.

>Be sure to sign the guestbook to let me know what you think of the system.
>If you would like a direct reply, just enter your email address.   IT IS
>OPTIONAL and used only once to reply to you and then deleted.  No one else
>will ever see it.    If you don't leave an address, I will reply inline of
>the guestbook entries so you can check back later for any replies.

>Will be glad to help anyone that is interested in setting up a similar
>system.

* How do you interface to the dishwasher and Washer ..?

  Most modern household machines of this kind utilise some kind of embedded
  cpu. However external interface is nonexistent (from what I have seen).
  Opening the machine and wireing it up is feasable. But that is likely to
  become a liability should any malfunction occour.

* What kind of bus do you use ..?
  Hooking up a few hundred devices needs special solutions.. ;)