Re: Napco

The best garage find ever was an old Aiphone LAF-5 intercom
station.  Friends of mine in western Connecticut ran a group home
for young women with chemical dependency problems.  I had
installed an Aiphone system for them as a courtesy shortly after
they opened.

Years later there was a fire which pretty much destroyed the
place.  I went out to see if I could help in any way and while I
was there I spotted an LAF-5.  It was partially melted from the
heat and had also been hit with water though the case was intact.
For no particular reason I pulled it off what remained of the
wall and tossed it into my trunk.

Several years later while cleaning out my garage I came across
that old Aiphone unit.  Just for fun I tried hooking up to a
battery and a speaker.  Sure enough, it still worked.  :^)

Last time I was at ISC New York I told the Aiphone rep about it.
His immediate reaction was, "Do you have pictures?"  They
probably would love to use it in a promotion but alas, it's long
gone.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.