Re: Contract Central Stations

"Robert L Bass"  wrote in message

> Today I spoke with a
> gentleman whose alarm company charged him $150 in materials to
> replace a smoke detector that was still under the manufacturer's
> warranty.

How are you going to handle warrantys now that you have to back the product
you sell yourself, since the distributors won't back your resales?

> When the gentleman objected to being dishonestly charged for
> replacement of an in-warranty item

That is the gentleman's story or yours, which is probably less believable.
How do you know what was wrong with the detector. The problem may have not
been covered under warranty. More evidence that you just like to flap your
lip and shows just how far removed you actually are from the industry. Fact
is that the guy probably took a hammer to it because he couldn't make it
stop sounding. Bad or not, if he took a hammer to it, all bets are off. You
can't truefully say you know what the circumstance was.

>his alarm company sent the
> matter to collection.

Yah...that is what usually happens to dead beats

>Dealers like that make my job so much
> easier.

Your clients are usually the ones that are to cheap to pay anyway or can't
get past the credit check run by the alarm company. You can have them.

>It's unfortunate that they also give the industry a
> black eye with their crooked behavior.

I don't think a multi-billion dollar industry is to concerned there Robert
if someone gets sent to collections.