Re: Contract Central Stations

Our Operators answer "Security Control this is ...".  Some will answer
with the Dealers name but we found we had to explain too often that we
were really the Monitoring Center and they would have to call their
Alarm Company for service.  The customer is usually already pretty
impressed that we know who they are before we even answer the phone
(automatic caller id search against our accounts and call lists presents
the operator with a list of accounts the caller may be calling from/for
when they pickup the phone, boy that saves a LOT of time).  We won't use
automated attendants, a live operator always answers, and we don't
charge the dealer $5.00 for talking to their customer directly, people
like that :)

When dispatching and calling RP's (responsible parties / keyholders) we
use the Alarm Company's name.