Re: Napco

> Your not being picky. My intent was to say that if you
> could program an MA3000 via the keypad you were
> pretty good!..

Agreed, though I'm not sure whether that ability qualified me as
good or just patient.  :^)

I've programmed tons of Napco systems and, like most who've
worked with the brand over the years, I'd rather not have to do
another by keypad.  There are so many options with Napco that the
very flexibility that makes them great probably scares off a lot
of potential customers.

> I too programmed a lot via keypad but Napco HAS had a
> software program for quite some time since the 1008 (LKDL)
> (DL=DownLoadable)

Yep.  Remember using the clunky PCI-2000 interface?  That thing
would have made Rube Goldberg proud.  I used one at my desktop PC
for quite a while until someone suggested I just plug a telephone
into the modem and leave it off the hook after dialing.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.