Re: Napco

Robert L Bass wrote:

> Agreed, though I'm not sure whether that ability qualified me as
> good or just patient.  :^)

Probably just "good".  I'd say "genius" if you'd answer one question.
How do you get a 32 character keypad LCD display on a Napco system to
read: "Attention Burglar" on the first line, and "Go ahead. Make my
day." on the second?  Inquiring minds want to know (not to mention a lot
of the DIY "lurkers").

> I've programmed tons of Napco systems and, like most who've
> worked with the brand over the years, I'd rather not have to do
> another by keypad.  There are so many options with Napco that the
> very flexibility that makes them great probably scares off a lot
> of potential customers.

> Yep.  Remember using the clunky PCI-2000 interface?

"Clunky", eh.  Not hardly.  Mine's about the size of my Hayes
"Smartmodem" and still goin' strong.