Re: Simon test

Doug L wrote:
> Digital alarm communication formats and  VoIP  have some basic compatibility
> problems, some VoIP services and some alarm transmission formats may be
> better than others and its possible these problems may be eased in the
> future, but right now putting a UPS on the modem and router will do little
> more than maintain those incompatibility problems during a power outage.
>
> Doug L

Here in NY, I don't know if it's Optimum.... Napco or both ...  that's
doing a good job, but those of my clients that have switched to Voip,
haven't had any incompatability problems, after an initial few when
VoIP was first introduced. Nevertheless, everyone of my clients who
switches over, has to sign a waiver/acknowlegement of possible
problems.

Biggest problem I've had is some of the older systems that only dial
rotary and some of the systems that I have programed .... touch tone
with rotary backup. If the first call doesn't get through, switching to
rotary, insures that it will NEVER get through and a fail to
communicate notification. Requires a trip or a download to change to
touch tone only.