Re: Simon test

news:0d8gg.49$vp6.99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> VoIP is unreliable, at least in my experience. Test fine for a week, then
> nothing, test for a few days, then nuttin'. I won't connect to Voip
> anymore...had clients get pots lines.

if I had the Simon programmed correctly and the test reports failed
shouldn't I get a fail to communicate indication at the panel?  So far I
haven't seen any indication of a FTC.  This makes me think it's not trying
to send tests.  I'd hate to have customer switch to pots and still get no
test reports. :(  This voip stuff seems pretty straightforward to me,  other
than the internet going down I can't see why it couldn't work as a method to
report alarms.  Phone service can go down too.  Just put a UPS on the modem
and router and should be close to as reliable as pots.  Am I missing
something?