Re: Simon test

IMO, yes ! POTS service in spite of all we rail against the phone company,
historically has been very reliable. During a power failure, you can pretty
much count on phones still working because the telco powers things their
end. It may be because I worked for the telco for 27 years that I feel that
way, but phone service IS generally pretty reliable.

The internet however, is not ! Couple that with all the necessary equipment
in between...routers, high speed modems, the need for UPS service on most
everything in between, and the flakiness of the internet itself, and there
is just too much chance for error. We are talking about security services
here, not a call to momma !!

The time will come when things will work to that level of reliability. But
as I see it, we aren't anywhere near it yet !  I think it boils down to how
seriously you take the communication part of the security system. Just as in
our business generally, your TRUE security really boils down to how secure
the weakest part of the system is. Why build in the inherent weakness of the
internet to save $20 a month.....

My take on it anyway.....

RHC