Re: What kind of sensor did I see today?

> ... I wish I could go back and suggest to a few..
> maybe I should have angled that PIR a little
> further away from the heat duct... etc...

You can and should do such things, friend.  As your business begins to grow
you can keep your older customers and earn lots of referrals by visiting
them from time to time.  If you see something that you did earlier that
could have been done a little better, offer to adjust it as a courtesy --
especially anything that has caused a false alarm.

I used to try to visit every client at least once a year regardless if they
were under a service contract (most were not).  I'd just stop in to check on
the system and make sure they were using it and weren't experiencing any
problems.  If I saw something minor that needed fixing I'd do it free on the
spot.  Those courtesy visits paid off in referrals and long-term service
relationships.

As my business grew it eventually became impossible to visit every customer
for free but I tried to stay in touch with them all.  We billed annually for
monitoring service so I used to call each customer the day before we'd send
out their invoice.  Those calls helped keep our attrition rate extremely
low.

Best of luck.

--

Regards,