Re: What kind of sensor did I see today?

Did you ever hear of it refered to as "Angel Hair"? It may be that people
have their own names for things. Some years ago, we used it to do some metal
grates that were in an area not condusive to the installation of
electronics. Still working. Simple but effective.

"Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> It's called finewire...it was used before the invention of motions,
> glassbreaks, and shock detectors.
>
> Jim Rojas
>

> "SecurityNovice" <nospam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Hi all.. I am new here.. Looking to learn...I think the more I think I
> > know,
> > the more I realize I know so little...  I came upon a very interesting
> > install today.. or whats left of it.  Place is in an old building
> > undergoing
> > extensive renovations.  There is an old door that resembles something
out
> > of
> > a stable.. cobblestone drieway, etc.. has to be 75 years old.  Some old
> > time
> > alarm guy looks like he protected this door by using what appears to be
> > very
> > small guage wire in a back and forth criss cross patern on the iside of
> > the
> > door.  I imagine if someone kicked the door in, or maybe kicked at it
from
> > the outside, the line would stretch, or maybe break?? (not sure on this
> > part) and cause an open or closed condition.  Has anyone else seen
> > anything
> > like this?  I love goingi into old gun shops or jewelry shops and seeing
> > how
> > the old timers did the foil on windows..   Even new systems.. I enjoy
> > walking into a store and looking around.. wondering why they opted to go
> > wall mount motion when a 360 ceiling mount would have been better...
then