Re: Lightning Strikes Again...

I stopped using recessed contacts in aluminum or steel frames for just
this reason. Seems they are more likely to weld closed than using
surface mount contacts. I discover this years ago when doing 3
interconnected model homes. 2 days after installing probably 60
contacts there was a close lightning hit...every freekin one of the
Sentrol recessed contacts in the aluminum windows welded closed, but
not the ones in the wood frame doors though. Pissed me off.