Lightning Strikes Again...

Check this out:

Lightning strike(s) Thursday, takes out two outdoor cams, two 3com 4400
network switches in two seperate buildings, and Monday morning, I get a
message that a third building has lost the chime feature on its security
system.  We check it out, a FA 1600 with wireless panics and 6 hardwired
doors with magnets. 12,000 sq. ft. building, doors all on home runs.  Panel
set to chime, but no door will chime.  Reset panel via programming, no
change, turn off/on chime, no change, power down/up, no change.
The board is damaged, I tell my helper.  Or, improbable as it may be, all
the magnets in the building have fused reed switches.

EVERY door magnet was fused closed!   The board tests out fine....
(I suspect NSA involvement, of course)

Rick C.