Re: Gemini P3200 and RP1CAe2 keypad

Michelle wrote:
> In doing a new installation with a P3200 panel and RP1CAe2 keypad, I
> noticed that the even though the keypad works fine, the characters are
> sometimes garbled.
>
> For instance the date/time on the LCD is:  06#08#06 04*50PM
>
> instead of:  06/08/06 04:50PM
>
> The keypad is fine because I tried three of them with the same results.
>
> Other menu areas on the keypad are garbled as well but not when you
> configure the keypad.
>
> Any ideas?

You've likely got an incompatability problem between keypads and panel.
The first thing I'd suggest is call Napco Tech support and give them
the rev #'s of the keypads and panel. They'll tell you right off what's
compatable and what's not.

He's some other things you can try. If you have an "old" panel and a
new keypad, you should not be able to get into user programing to
change the user codes.

If you CAN get into user programing, then it's not likely an
incompatability problem. That is ..... not LIKELY .... but still
possible.  Then try this. With the panel and keypad in the system ready
mode, hold down keys 1234 simultaniously. Watch the alpha display and
you'll see a very brief " force reset " appear.  Then take a look at
the display for the anomalies you described.

Also, what if you choose not to show the time and date?  Are there
problems with any other parts of the display? Could be it's isolated to
only the time/date. (?)