Re: Compact cheap "surveilance" camera

Card access is perfect for your application. The door is electrically
locked. You eschew your existing combo lock, and install a mag. lock or
electric strike. The careless members can't forget to lock it.  The card
access system permits only those with cards to enter the premises, and
records who entered and when.

If you think it's too expensive, you can't afford video anyway.
js