Re: How does one find employees, including trainees?

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 19:04:50 -0400, JoeRaisin <joeraisin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>So, while knowing Ohm's law may make one over qualified... it still
>means that they are likey to be able to handle anything the job throws
>at them (electronically).

I can't believe the way this thread have evolved.   Tech's DO use
Ohm's law on a regular basis whether they know it or not.   Haven't
you ever been diagnosing a swinger before?  That involves measuring
the loop resistance, and knowing the current that will trip the
initiating circuit.  Of course we just look up the limits in our
manuals, but what about finding voltage drops across series-parallel
circuits on that same loop?  We're calculating this as we go along the
loop -- in our head.

Haven't any of you had special apps. that required a bunch of relays?
Did you not first calculate the voltage divided by  coil resistance to
see how much of your p/s would be used?

Haven't any of you taken the NBFAA level one course that REQUIRES you
to know Ohms law to keep your licence?

Knowing DC circuit analysis makes the difference between a lead-man
and a helper.

--

-Graham

remove the double 'e' to email me.