Re: DSC 632 1555MX & TLM troubles

Ok... Here is what I did this morning to test...

I disconnected the yellow/black pair coming out of the alarm panel and
connected my butt-set directly to the panel on the return side. Within
a few seconds of going off hook with my butt-set, the alarm goes into
trouble and comes out of trouble when I go back on hook. I tested the
voltage on both sides of the panel. I'm still getting 50v dc on both
sides, but now I only get 5.5v dc when I'm off hook.

Also, after browsing the net I see that most people have a RJ31x jack
before the alarm panel. My original installer didn't put one in. My
telco line comes straight into the panel from the demarc.

Any ideas?

Jason