Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

Mike wrote:
> "J. @netscape.net>" <jsloud2001<removeme> wrote in message
> .  To the o.p., call a few other companies and see
> > what they have to offer.  Remember to ask them who owns the system
> > once its installed, who monitors it, do they have a 24 hour manned
> > help/ service line, is their central station backed up by another, who
> > does their repair service, is their central station UL listed, how
> > long have they been around, how big is their customer base, etc.
> >

> I did call other companies.  I'm impressed w/ ADT's five monitoring centers
> w/ supposenly seamnless back up, katrina np problem for NO customers. <

One central station is for residential accounts. Their other stations
are for large commercial
and government accounts. As for having no problems due to Katrina.....
do you expect the sales rep to say anything different? Do you think
they'd admit it if they had trouble?
And yes ADT does SUCK. Their turnaround for service is horrendous, and
here in NY/CT they sub out the majority of it to the lowest bidder. Ask
your sales rep why they need a 15-20 second delay in the dialer. Then
ask what happens if you switch to VoIP.......
You will only experience one transaction with the sales rep. After that
you become Customer #_____________ and "I'm sorry Mike but the contract
says__________"

> Some of the local contractors contracted w/ monitoring centers and they
> didn't talk as good a game
> as ADT.  Also, some of them charged big bucks for service. Much higher than
> ADT. <

Don't judge a security company by how well someone handles dialogue
with a prospect. If being a great talker had a direct impact on
installation skills or quality workmanship then Zig Ziglar would be in
the top 5 of alarm installers and Jack Stevens would be mowing lawns.
Do a google on Mark Leuck's posts and see he isn't exactly the most
captivating conversationalist alive but he's bailed my ass out more
than once with his knowledge.
I can come to your house and sell you your own car but that doesn't
mean I know more about your car than you do. It just means I can close
you.
The sales rep that you met with went through countless hours of
training that included videotapes of Tom Hopkins teaching them how to
talk a client into signing.
The local company doesn't pay big bucks to bring in sales gurus. The
only training they receive is generally involving new installation
techniques, labor saving devices, or maybe upgrading their NICET
certification.
I'd rather have the nastiest son of a bitch install my alarm if he was
the best installer than have Mr. Nice Guy come in and leave me with a
substandard install.
BTW, what state are you in that you only pay 5% sales tax?  Good luck
with your choice.