Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

> Only that doesn't explain why the standard downloading software can't
> access ADT panels.  I can understand ADT wanting standard values, but you
> can load those with a template.  Downloading takes care of the quality
> control issues.  You don't need to lock out the rest of the world.
>
> I know for a fact that Radionics initially developed datalock codes
> specifically at the request of their larger customers, who wanted to make
> it difficult for competitors to reprogram their panels.  ADT has long been
> in the proprietary equipment game.  Their direct wire equipment wasn't
> compatible with anyone else's.  Their McCulloh transmitters didn't work
> with industry-standard receiving equipment.  It's all about making sure
> competitors had to spend money to take over an ADT account, which reduces
> the likelihood of that happening.

That is essentially the same thing that the majority of independent
installers do.  Most companies (including many of the independents who post
here) lock customers (and competitors out of programming.  The standard
excuse is that they're afraid of liability should the customer change
something but that's a red herring and everyone here knows it.

It is unfortunate that ADT allowed many (most?) of their "authorized
dealers" to use deceptive advertising and to lie about the quality and
efficacy of the systems they offer in order to boost sales.  The entire
industry knows about this.  However, it is patently unfair for the lowlifes
here to continuously attack ADT itself as though they themselves offered
anything better or as though they treated their customers any better.

It is noteworthy that several of the worst mud-throwers hide behind phony
email addresses and silly names like "Nomen", "Alarminex" and "Badenov".  It
reminds one of the cowards who run around wearing pointed, white hoods over
their heads.  Pull off the sheet and you'll find a trembling coward every
time.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass