Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

Mike wrote:
> "Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>Robert L Bass wrote:
>>
>>If it's such "common practice" for local companies, why not post a few
>>names from your own area??  And if you're referring to the alarmco using a
>>unique installer code (which the customer is not told about), then I would
>>agree that *is* "common practice".  After all, unlike the majority of
>>people you deal with, most of the customers I deal with wouldn't be
>>capable of programming their own panels (even *with* the manuals) and 98%
>>are monitored.
>>

> CAn the code by reset such as BIOS in a computer?

Yes, it sure can.  And most alarm companies of *my acquaintance* will
default the installer code and remove the communicator information when
you cancel your service (as long as you're paid up) which basically
allows the system to function as a "local" alarm.  I've had to change
out three boards in the 23 years I've been doing this (mostly because
the installing company either went out of business or couldn't be
bothered).  The software lockout (available on most systems) is employed
rarely (we use it on leased systems and short term rentals only).