Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

Mark Leuck wrote:
> "Everywhere Man" <alarminstall@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > Mike wrote:
> > > "J. @netscape.net>" <jsloud2001<removeme> wrote in message
> > > .  To the o.p., call a few other companies and see
> > > >

> > > I did call other companies.  I'm impressed w/ ADT's five monitoring
> centers
> > > w/ supposenly seamnless back up, katrina np problem for NO customers. <
> >
> > One central station is for residential accounts. Their other stations
> > are for large commercial
> > and government accounts. As for having no problems due to Katrina.....
> > do you expect the sales rep to say anything different? Do you think
> > they'd admit it if they had trouble?
>
> Everyone had problems with Katrina, here's something to think about..
>
> phone lines = dead
>
> cellular = dead
>
> radio/pager network = worked <

Of course everyone had trouble. Brinks lost a few thousand accounts due
to Katrina. I'm just saying that the sales rep is full of shit when he
tells Mike they had no trouble with Katrina.

> > And yes ADT does SUCK. Their turnaround for service is horrendous, and
> > here in NY/CT they sub out the majority of it to the lowest bidder. Ask
> > your sales rep why they need a 15-20 second delay in the dialer. Then
> > ask what happens if you switch to VoIP.......
>
> Wait till you get the new SIA panels with a mandatory 15 to 30 second delay
> Tom, ADT is merely doing what the rest of the industry will be required to
> do this year <

Nope, nada, no way. Not happening. I absolutely refuse to ever install
another system with a dialer delay. I'm switching to Loxxon

> > Don't judge a security company by how well someone handles dialogue
> > with a prospect. If being a great talker had a direct impact on
> > installation skills or quality workmanship then Zig Ziglar would be in
> > the top 5 of alarm installers and Jack Stevens would be mowing lawns.
>
> I've seen Jack's yard, he does mow it <

but does he have a garden?

> > Do a google on Mark Leuck's posts and see he isn't exactly the most
> > captivating conversationalist alive but he's bailed my ass out more
> > than once with his knowledge.
>
> Both of course true and stop kissing up to me dammit <

As soon as you stop taking shots at Scooby