Re: Legacy Uplink 1500

Sure it can be activated
<wkendrvr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1152576662.644123.198770@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Why?  Simple answer.  Why not.  Its paid for, it appears to work, and
> until I *have* to change, why should I?  I realize that its not the
> latest and greatest, but it still works if a line is cut...
>
> (you guys must be cut from the same cloth, I got almost the same answer
> from the local guys, who btw want to tear the whole system out and
> replace most of it,  (the system is a DSC Power 632) which IMHO is
> ridiculous when the only part in question is the cellular backup!)
>
> Back to the original question, can it be activated?

It may be possible, but you might not find a dealer who will do it, since
any thinking security dealer will not be intereested in activating something
that may not work in a couple of years.

Personally, I wouldn't activate it for you. The Power 632 is fine, but I
would install a new digital cell unit.

As to being cut from the same cloth, I can only say that the dealers with
whom you have spoken have given you good advice. You should consider
removing the cloth that is aparently obscuring your vision.
js
js