Ademco 5806 or 5808

My smoke detectors are coming up on 10 years old, and are starting to get
flakey, saying low battery even after replacing with good quality fresh
batteries. (And yes, I leave the batteries out for 10 min before putting in
new ones.)

The Only Wireless detectors I see now are 5805's, I see some 5806's that
look like mine, but they look like "surplus" or "Factory outs"

Is the 5808 the current generation, current model, etc.etc....

Also, who has a good price on 14 of them (ouch, think old house, lots of
places to sleep and rooms with fireplaces, etc....) Would buying 1 or 2 more
drop the price significantly ?

--
Bob Sisson
Bob at Sisson Family dot com