Re: why ground an alarm panel.

Bob Worthy said:

>This part of the business falls on deaf ears Bob. Very seldom do alot of
>these installers think about potential liability issues. One law suit would
>sink the majority of the small companies in this country. I would bet that
>most are under insured, if they even have the proper insurance at all, their
>service records are neatly cataloged on the dashboard of their truck (a few
>coffee stains don't matter), and they would have to look in the yellow pages
>for an attorney if and when that time comes. "Proactive rather than
>reactive".

People often worry about liability issues, but I just don't see it as a
problem -- assuming you have good contracts and errors and omissions
insurance.  You seem to be saying that most small companies have neither.
That would be an interesting survey for someone to take.  I wonder if it's
true?

After all, it's not like you see million dollar judgments being handed down
against alarm companies very often.

- badenov