Re: why ground an alarm panel.

robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>Absolutely.  In this case the two are the same.  In my opinion,  NOT grounding a panel is "technically superior",  it's also not required by law.
>

> If the manufacturer's instructions say to ground it, code (not
> necessarily "law") says do so.

 From the FA 168CPS Installation Manual:

"This product has been designed and laboratory tested to ensure its
resistance to damage from generally expected levels of lightning and
electrical discharge, land does not normally require an earth ground."

It goes on to say that if you want to ground it they recommend cold
water pipes or electrical outlets....