Peanut butter and sticky stuff

The message re vinyl windows and sticky tape removal remined me of a
trick I learned at my garden club many years ago.

One of the club members was demonstrating her craft: making Christmas
wreaths with wire and pine branches, adorned with red boughs, etc.

At the end of her demonstration her hands were covered with spots of
sticky pine pitch.  We then saw her open up a bottle of peanut butter
and apply several teaspoons of it to her hands.  She began the usual
rubbing we all do when washing our hands, and a few moments later
after wiping her hands with a paper towel, her hands were free of the
pitch!

I have used peanut butter many times to clean my hands of sticky stuff
that I previously removed with laquer thinner, a solvent I used for
cleaning my foil brushes. Not the best stuff for human skin.

To remove  paper labels with a sticky back, I will use hot water to
turn the paper into mush, remove the mush, and then apply a small
amount of peanut butter to the sticky stuff, and, with a circular
motion with cloth or plastic dish washing pad, I work the peanut
butter into the sticky stuff, and its soon gone..

If you find sticky stuff on something, and you know that strong
solvents, mineral spirits, etc., may mar the surface of that
something, try peanut butter.  It's the oil in the pb that does the
trick.  Especially good for motor oil/grease that gets on your
fingernails, cuticles, etc.