Re: Slomins vs ADT vs Brinks vs any other home security system vendor

Hmmm

I see you just can't seem to leave things alone.

Robert L Bass wrote:
> > i live in NYC and just bought a new house.  i am thinking of getting a
> > home security system from "well" known vendors like slomins, adt or
> > brinks.
>
> ADT has a corporate division and the so-called "authorized
> dealer" segment.  Stay away from the latter.  There are a few
> good dealers but most are awful.
>
> Brinks' system is a lease.  Expect overpriced service visits,
> high monthly fees and less than stellar performance.
>
> I have only seen a little of Slomins, not enough to form a
> conclusive opinion.  However, there have been several complaints
> about dishonest sales practices.
>
> You might want to consider using a smaller, local firm rather
> than one of the nationals.  Odds are you'll get better service.
> Nothing is 100% though.  There are good ADT authorized dealers
> and there are bad independents.
>
> There's at least one NY based independent we know of who you had
> best avoid.  It's a one-man show and the owner talks endlessly
> about sale boats and ogling women at Caribbean beaches.  The
> fellow is not the kind of man you'd want to leave alone inside
> your home, especially if you have teenage children.  He has
> bragged here about attacking a young boy with a hammer.

I guess we should start by letting the OP know a little about you.

That you're a convicted felon working in the alarm industry. You've
been convicted of a gun crime. That you deceive people by implying that
you install alarm systems just so that you can entice them to buy
things from you. That you killed someone because of your arrogance.
That you circumvent the law in your state. That you have too many
unresolved BBB complaints because of poor service.  That you ridcule
alarm installers as you're trying to do now, for the simple reason to
cause disruption of this Newsgroup , because you know that everyone
here dislikes you for your acerbic and nasty conduct ..... as shown by
the fact that you had to make a post like the above for no reason
except to get a response like this.

I guess that about does it for now.