Re: Slomins vs ADT vs Brinks vs any other home security system vendor

> i live in NYC and just bought a new house.  i am thinking of getting a
> home security system from "well" known vendors like slomins, adt or
> brinks.

ADT has a corporate division and the so-called "authorized
dealer" segment.  Stay away from the latter.  There are a few
good dealers but most are awful.

Brinks' system is a lease.  Expect overpriced service visits,
high monthly fees and less than stellar performance.

I have only seen a little of Slomins, not enough to form a
conclusive opinion.  However, there have been several complaints
about dishonest sales practices.

You might want to consider using a smaller, local firm rather
than one of the nationals.  Odds are you'll get better service.
Nothing is 100% though.  There are good ADT authorized dealers
and there are bad independents.

There's at least one NY based independent we know of who you had
best avoid.  It's a one-man show and the owner talks endlessly
about sale boats and ogling women at Caribbean beaches.  The
fellow is not the kind of man you'd want to leave alone inside
your home, especially if you have teenage children.  He has
bragged here about attacking a young boy with a hammer.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms