Re: System Rec for small business

"jok18" wrote...
> The shop where I work appeared to have had a break-in attempt over the
> holiday weekend and the owner asked if I would post to get opinions on
> the best type of system to get for an auto repair shop?
> The person(s) who attempted to breakin did so by trying to push in a
> solid metal entry door.  The front door is glass and there are 6 rollup
> metal doors.  We think that it was kids looking to steal a stereo.
> We are three miles from the police station and rather isolated and this
> is the only trouble we've had, but assume that it won't be the last.
> I'm not sure if I'm asking the right questions but appreciate any help.
> Thx.

Well I agree with Chub, but let's add a little to his comment...

- Possibly cold temp motions, if the shop isn't heated well or not 24/7...
and depending on what "cold" is where you are.
- 30 watt (or higher?) sirens, shops echo well with these and even if the
neighbors are too far away to hear them it'll still make a point to
whoever's breaking in.
- I wouldn't worry about door contacts on the overhead doors, just cover
them with motion detectors instead.  Other people may disagree, or use both,
your choice.
- If the panel can't be hidden, at least have it high enough that it can't
be easily reached.
- Definitely should be a monitored system with a good central station.
- While you're at it, you may as well add a heat detector to the system
too... Heat, not smoke.
- Good, reputable, long-lasting, local alarm company with a ton of
references.  Why local?  It's hard to get good service if someone has to
spend hours (or days) driving to get to you.