System Rec for small business

The shop where I work appeared to have had a break-in attempt over the
holiday weekend and the owner asked if I would post to get opinions on
the best type of system to get for an auto repair shop?
The person(s) who attempted to breakin did so by trying to push in a
solid metal entry door.  The front door is glass and there are 6 rollup
metal doors.  We think that it was kids looking to steal a stereo.
We are three miles from the police station and rather isolated and this
is the only trouble we've had, but assume that it won't be the last.
I'm not sure if I'm asking the right questions but appreciate any help.
 Thx.